Security Networks of Florida - Malfunctioning Equipment since February 2013 + High monthly premium

Houston, Texas 1 comment

My parents have been customers of Security Networks Alarm Co since 2010 (and continue to be customers because the contract was set for 5 yrs "in the fine print" they failed to acknowledge, CONTRACT UNDER LEONOR AND CESARIO ARREOZOLA).The monthly premium is $54.11 (one of the highest in the state/country).

The security system/pad installed in my parents home has been out of service since February 2013. I have called on behalf of my parents on 3 different occasions to complain about the service/security system being out of service and to inquire about what needs to be done to get it fixed/replaced. My parents (who are seniors and deal with all kinds of health issues) have also taken the time to call and complain on countless occasions (yet Security Networks never happens to have a record/log of the complaints in their system made by myself as well as my parents). Long story short as of 7/30/13 NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE YET TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

I financially support my parents and have STOPPED making the monthly payment to Security Networks Systems since February 2013 due to the malfunctioning of the security alarm. My parents feel so unsafe in their own home without a working security alarm system. I am currently in negotiations with Brinks Security Alarm for my parents home(which is what I have in my home for the pat 5 yrs and have NEVER had any type of problem with, I also highly recommend Brinks to anyone who is considering having an alarm system installed in their home). I am now being being a $270 for the past several months for non payment (why on earth would I pay for a service that does not work!).

I also have requested a cancellation and I am offered one but what they call "buy out" which will cost me $1034 OUT OF MY HARD EARN MONEY! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!!

I'M MORTIFIED AND SICK TO MY STOMACH WITH NETWORK SECURITY.

Review about: Networks Security Alarm.

Comments

Same over here.We are also headed for trouble with them, for the same reasons (malfunctioning of the equipment).

What is more: We did conclude a "Lifetime Warranty Agreement" with them, but now, they don't want to acknowledge it.This is headed towards the BBB and the FTC.

Security Networks of Florida - Shady Sales Tactics

Highlands Ranch, Colorado 1 comment

The sales person told us he was in the area giving upgrades on old equipment.He said he was with a different alarm company from our current alarm company, but that the two companies are merging.

He said we would get a bill from the new company, but as soon as the merger took effect, we would be getting billed from our current company again. I got his card and called my current alarm company who said that tnot only was there no merger taking place, but that other customers had "fallen" for this tactic and ended up receiving billing statements for both companies. They were locked into a contract with the Security Networks Company.

I don't know what states those customers were in, but I am in Colorado.Watch out for them and anyone from Jott Services-the supposed distributor.

Review about: Alarm System Upgrade.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #804226

I am also with this company and my contract was also sold to them.I live and Las Vegas and this company has the worst customer service.

They never repond to any alarm activity at my home but wanted to charge monies. They claim they have a written copy that I signed with them (I have no record of that). I have not received any paperwork from them in the mail. I am not staying with this company.

They also stated that I have 14 months left with them.I will take my chances and go with another company.

Security Networks of Florida engages in blatant fraud.

Indianapolis, Indiana 4 comments

We were approached by this company last summer. They wanted to take over our security monitoring system, and offered to provide us with all new equipment if we would switch from our current provider to them. The offer sounded good and we agreed. They installed the equipment (at midnight that night, even though we asked them to reschedule to a reasonable time of day). We noted some issues with the installation and contacted the company to have the installer return and correct the issue. The company agreed - but the installer never showed up. At this point we were reasonably satisfied with the company so we let it go, as the system did work effectively.

They indicated at the time of set up that payments had to be through electronic withdrawal from our bank and we agreed, as this is how we pay most of our bills.

Since then we have been unable to contact the company. Their website "email us" is a non-functional link, they do not answer their phones and they do not respond to written communication.

The contract for $45.99 per month was for MONITORING service. They are not monitoring us in any way. Our alarms have been set off multiple times and they have never once called us to verify whether or not we needed services. Part of the reason we set up this service was as a "medical alert" system. They SOLD it to us for that. I (Thomas) have fallen several times. Once I broke my leg, severely, and was unable to get up or even move. The salesman indicated that I could use the remote device as a an alert. If I fell I could set off the alarm. When the company called and no one answered they would automatically send the police.

Again - although we have set the alarm off, intentionally and inadvertently, several times, they have never called and are clearly not monitoring us. But they are taking money from our checking account every month!

Comments

deipper

They have me so stressed out I can't tell you.I am a senior and this is the most unscrupulous company I have ever dealt with.

I have spent hours on the phone with them and then I am back at zero. I have had 3 false alarms in the last 3 weeks.

I think I can get them for breach of contract but it will cost as much as buying out my contract!Horrible company.

Coral Springs, Florida, United States #612993

We called Security Networks to get more info about home security.Ended up signing up with them, signed 3 year agreement which I wasn't too excited about.

After doing some research found out that all companies do a three or five year agreement. Like it very much, gave me a great deal in upfront dollars, got lots of extra equipment. Really good customer service, service works great.

I would definitely recommend to anyone whos interested in home security.5 stars :)

read what you sign.they rough wired and installed equipment for 350 dollars with service at 29.99/mo with 3 year contract.

i am happy with them.

they insisted on giving them my bank info but i didn't so they bill me old fashioned way.sales man didn't like it but i told him i dont use auto pay with nobody

Everyone should do research before purchasing or signing an agreement.Fourty dollars a month is double what you should be paying for.

If you are not getting the services, call your bank.

Tell them to stop payment on that account.Then when they call you, tell them they broke the contract and you are no longer bounded by it's terms

View more comments